Every year Children's Law Center organizes the Holiday Hope Drive to give our neediest clients a happy holiday season. These children have experienced abuse or neglect, suffered serious medical issues, faced significant barries to their education, or lived in homes infested with mold, rats, and roaches. Without support from the volunteer "Santas" of Children's Law Center's Holiday Hope Drive, many would never have experienced the joy of the holiday season.
Children's Law Center is accepting Holiday Hope Drive gift deliveries as scheduled today, until 7 p.m., and we have additional delivery hours Thursday 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. If you are planning a delivery, please call 202-467-4900, ext. 699.
As a result of our Santas' generosity, all the children in the 2013 Holiday Hope Drive have been adopted. However, we still need your help - please consider purchasing a gift card or making a financial contribution.
Please download the donor sign-up form (PDF) and return with your gift by December 15.
- Via e-mail: HopeDrive@childrenslawcenter.org
- Via mail or drop-off delivery: Children's Law Center, Attn: Hope Drive Team, 616 H Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20001.
To participate in the Holiday Hope Drive, you can:
- Adopt a child like Teyon, who was abandoned by his mother when he was 9 months old as a result of her alcohol addiction. Santas who adopt a child receive the child’s story and wish list and are asked to purchase at least two items from the wish list, as well as one gift card to provide a holiday meal for the family and one gift card to provide a new holiday outfit (including shoes) for the child. Thanks to your generosity, all of the children in the 2013 Hope Drive now have Santas!
- Purchase a gift card(s) for our General Gift Card Fund and help children like Malinda and her four siblings, who were removed from their mother’s care shortly before Christmas after it was discovered that they had never been enrolled in school, were living in a van, and had not seen a doctor in years. We have very few gift cards for children like Malinda - please consider donating to the gift card fund.
- Frequently requested stores for gift card donations include: Target, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Barnes & Noble, Macy's, Forever 21, H&M, and Foot Locker. We also know that clients would appreciate gift cards from Giant or Safeway, and Visa or American Express gift cards that can be used anywhere.
- Make a financial contribution and help ensure that children like Teyon and Malinda not only have a happy holiday season, but also thrive throughout the year with a solid foundation of family, health, and education.
Questions? Contact the Hope Drive Team at HopeDrive@childrenslawcenter.org or 202-467-4900, ext. 699.