CLC’s Healthy Together is a medical-legal partnership for DC’s children. CLC partners with Children’s National Health System, Mary’s Center and Unity Health Care to help vulnerable children and their families overcome barriers to good health by holding agencies, landlords, and schools accountable for inappropriate school programs, the failure to provide medically necessary services, and illegal, unhealthy housing conditions.
The Staff Attorney will represent parents and caregivers in education/special education, health care access and housing matters, and will advocate to address other healthharming legal needs families are experiencing. The Staff Attorney will also be responsible for conducting intakes with potential clients, providing advice and referral information, and performing community outreach activities. The Staff Attorney will work out of CLC as well as within a medical clinic setting.
Requirements and Qualifications
- DC Bar membership or immediate eligibility to waive into the DC Bar required
- Demonstrated commitment to CLC’s mission and working with low-income communities and clients
- Excellent bilingual English/Spanish communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Intellectual aptitude and curiosity
- Strong legal analysis and research, writing and oral advocacy skills
- Cultural humility
- Valid driver’s license required
No telephone calls please. Send resume, cover letter, references and two-page writing sample via email, fax or U.S. mail to:
Healthy Together Staff Attorney Search Committee
Children’s Law Center
501 3rd Street NW, 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20001