Who We Are
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring, sourcing, screening and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. This role reports to the Chief Talent and Equity Officer and works across the organization to support Human Resources and Talent Management.
- This role supervises the Receptionist/Office Coordinator role.
- Manages the talent acquisition process with diversity in mind, which includes implementation of a new applicant tracking system, recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants collaborates with program managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees related to recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and other HR topics related to compliance, compensations and benefits.
- Partners with the Chief Talent and Equity Officer to understand and execute the organization’s HR and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Supports and may participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, records retention, talent management, and employment law.
Compensation and Benefits
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent. Supports the open enrollment process with our third-party vendor and the Chief Talent and Equity Officer.
- Designs and implements wellness initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- Ability to acti with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or certifications in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or HR Generalist
- A minimum of four to seven of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of working at a desk and on a computer.