The Information Technology Assistant provides support to the activities of the Knowledge Management Department, working in coordination with the IT Associate. Responsibilities of this position require a combination of technical computer, task management, and critical thinking skills, along with a desire to help others. They include carrying out technical projects on staff workstations and network systems, providing staff technical support and education, monitoring regular data reports and updating various electronic information resources. The IT Assistant reports to the Knowledge Manager.
The IT Assistant needs to be a tenacious problem-solver and clear thinker, who is hungry to get involved in the IT field, and who can enthusiastically and efficiently carry out multiple operational tasks to aid staff in serving their clients. The core of the position involves working as a part of team to respond and resolve user problems and needs; carrying out assignments and projects to maintain and improve the organization’s IT infrastructure; teaching and modeling tips, tricks, and industry standards; and ensuring the safety and security of the organization’s IT environment. This is an excellent entry level position for those wanting to build IT and project management skills.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Advanced experience working with the Windows 10 operating system.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 software and experience with the Office 365 environment.
- Experience with Android based and Apple products a plus.
- Technically curious, a self-starter in relation to learning about technology
- Excellent attention to detail, with problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Sensitive to client’s needs, can develop warm client relationships.
- Able to translate technical information into understandable language for staff.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and welcomes challenges.
- Takes initiative with independent tasks and collaborates in a team environment.
- An eye for efficiency and spotting and resolving problems.
BA from accredited college or university preferred.