Who We Are
At the Children’s Law Center, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes for kids and families in DC. Our staff are empowered to open minds, shape decisions, and offer solutions. We encourage intellectual curiosity, innovation, diversity, and mutual respect.
The Manager of Talent Development and Inclusion is responsible for supporting the Chief Talent and Equity Officer (CTEO) in implementing the organizational strategic plan for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). This position supports CLC’s efforts to be a diverse, anti-racist, equitable and inclusive organization. This position is responsible for designing and implementing organization wide initiatives that require detailed project planning, continual data collection and analysis, and effective change management systems that contribute to the building of an inclusive learning organization focused on results and performance. This role sits on the organizational alignment team which is a cross functional leadership team.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge of and experience with inclusion, equity, and diversity concepts, adult learning theory/ instructional design, organizational development, and change management.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000 annually.
Inclusion and Equity
- Support the implementation of the Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity strategic plan implementation in partnership with the CTEO.
- Recommend ways to embed inclusion and diversity into our learning, core people process and ways of working.
- Develop and manage Inclusion programs and events ensuring cultural humility is centered in design and implementation.
- Developing program in alignment with and support of the DEI strategic plan; implement surveys and other evaluation tools and report on metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Designs and implements employee recognition programs to support a culture of appreciation.
- Leads the deployment of engagement survey including analysis, data feedback, and action planning with leaders and managers. As well as lead the exit survey process.
Learning & Development
- Partner to design and shape learning, and development strategy and programs aligned with supporting learning and learning transfer.
- Partner with CTEO and the Program Directors to design and enable an agile and sustainable learning framework within each Program (synchronous, asynchronous, and blended learning) to help build employee and leadership capabilities. Facilitate learning programs.
- Create a sustainable learning plan for various level within the organization. Support the implementation and adoption of a leadership programs to drive greater leadership effectiveness and inclusion.
- Collaborate with the CTEO to implement the new ADP performance system which supports the organizational Performance Development Program (PDP).
- Implement and evaluate the organizational PDP that supports improving the organizational alignment of organizational strategic priorities and team and individual performance.
- Partner in the change leadership necessary to evolve our culture and the behaviors of leaders and staff to move towards a more development centered approach to managing performance.
- Supports the creation of team goals and competencies that align with the strategic goals and objectives of the overall organization.
- Communicate, train, and provide guidance and tools to leaders and staff to accomplish performance objectives.
- Conduct facilitation sessions as needed including the development of materials, briefings, or other program documentation.
- Support change management efforts associated with all key talent and culture initiatives being implemented with a focus on cultural humility, cultural competence, and Inclusion.
- Project management of Inclusion programs and initiatives, including the development of project plans, deliverables, and timelines for execution.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience or certifications in Strength Finder, Myers-Briggs, DiSC, Growth Mindset etc. are a plus.
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team across various functions. Able to work independently in an ambiguous constantly changing environment. Comfortable using skills of persuasion and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills with an understanding of when and how to change styles based on audiences and cultures.
- Evidence of personal initiative to drive toward results is critical. Must possess a sense of urgency and the ability to use both internal and external resource to complete projects.
- Experience in executing large scale change plans is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to support concurrent projects, ensuring on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools (e.g. SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, WebEx) and virtual platforms for learning and facilitation (Jamboard, Mural, Padlet etc.)
Desired Education and Experience
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience required in practical experience in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, learning and development, performance management/ performance development and organizational development.
- Experience in instructional design, learning & development programming focused on in-person and virtual as well as facilitation as well as group facilitation experience.
- Previous HR generalist experience a plus.