The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant works with the Evaluation and Learning Team to strengthen CLC’s ability to report on program impact and build an organizational culture that uses data to improve programs and practices. The position involves working with our case management system daily to prepare reports, follow up with staff to ensure compliance with data entry protocols, training staff on case management system, and revising and establishing systems for improved reporting and use of data. The position is appropriate for someone interested in children, poverty, or legal systems who may be considering a career in evaluation, applied research, or data science. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Director of Evaluation and Learning and in close coordination with Program Directors.
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Duties:
- Conducting data entry compliance checks. Follow-up with staff, as necessary.
- Serve as the lead for bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic performance reporting.
- Serve as an administrator and lead customizations and improvements for our case management system
- Train staff in case management systems, processes and requirements for data collection.
- Building and maintaining programmatic dashboards and data visualizations.
- Assist in analyzing and compiling data to measure the progress and impact of CLC programs’ activities.
- Participate in strengthening existing data collection and evaluation processes and systems at CLC.
- Assist in administering surveys and conducting focus groups and interviews, as necessary.
- Provide support to Evaluation and Learning team in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Support the coordination and execution of various monitoring and evaluation activities such as, organizational learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Other Monitoring and Evaluation functions as needed.
- Experience in data visualization and interpretation of graphical representations of data. Expertise with Tableau helpful.
- Prior experience working with case management systems or expertise in database management.
- Significant computer skills in Excel, database management, and familiarity with reporting.
- Must be flexible able to work on multiple projects with different timelines.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving attitude, eager to learn new skills. Can-do attitude required.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with monitoring and evaluation or applied research.
Position is open until filled.
No telephone calls please. Send resume, cover letter, three references, and two writing samples via mail, fax, or email to:
Children’s Law Center
501 3rd Street, NW · 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Children’s Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, medication, status as a veteran, tobacco use, or other classification protected by law.
Children’s Law Center has a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency. Our aim is to maintain an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace and ensure all employees are culturally competent in order to most effectively achieve our mission and secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.